As avid campers, we understand the allure of escaping the hustle and bustle of urban life for the serenity of nature. While modern camping equipment has undoubtedly enhanced our outdoor experiences, the disruptive noise of conventional generators can break the tranquility of the wilderless.
To preserve the peaceful experience for your camping adventures, we’ve embarked on a quest to uncover the quietest RV generators on the market. Our goal is to identify the most peaceful power solutions that allow you to fully immerse yourself in the sounds of nature, without the intrusion of generator noise.
We’ve narrowed down our search to 5 of the best quiet generator for camping, ensuring that your next camping trip remains undisturbed by the rumble of a generator. Check on them right below:
5 Best Quiet RV Generators For Camping
1. WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt RV-Ready Portable Inverter Generator
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H |...
- Extremely quiet operation minimizes noise;, EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load...
Why we love it:
We’ve been thrilled with the performance of the Wen 56380i generator this camping season. We needed a portable power solution that was super quiet yet packed enough wattage to handle all our needs. And we’ve found it the best quiet generator for camping.
Right off the bat, we were impressed by its whisper-quiet operation. Is it the quietest generator for RV? Standing nearby, all we hear is a faint hum; you can easily hold a conversation over it.
Its clean, smooth power has kept all our electronics happy too. We’ve powered TVs, phones, laptops, electric kettle, you name it, without any flickering or issues.
We’ve never maxed out its 3800-watt output either. On a typical weekend, it uses under 25% capacity running just our essentials. Fuel efficiency has been great too as we get about 14 hours per tank. It’s easy to gauge fuel levels on its digital display. Refueling has been a cinch with its convenient built-in wheels and handle.
Maintenance is also a breeze with its tool-free access. Draining fuel for storage took just a few simple steps. We had no trouble changing the spark plug either. It feels ruggedly built to last. The only downside is its weight, but the rolling handle solves that.
For campers seeking a portable generator that lets them enjoy the great outdoors without stress or noise, this one gets our highest recommendation.
- Extremely quiet operation
- Provides more than enough power for camping needs
- Fuel efficient
- Smooth, clean power for electronics
- Easy to perform maintenance
- Heavy for one person lift (99 lbs)
- Small fuel tank requires frequent refueling
- High chance of spark plug issues over time
2. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment Portable Inverter Generator
- 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD - Weighs Only 47.4 Lbs. - Gas Powered...
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage - Strong Enough to Run All...
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and 12 Hour Run Time...
Why we love it:
We recently tested out the Westinghouse iGen2200 portable inverter generator for our camping trips, and we have to say, it deserves a place in our list of the best quiet generator for camping. A quiet generator for RV is a blessing, especially when you’re boondocking and want to avoid disturbing your neighbors after hours.
This Westinghouse model really delivers when it comes to quiet power. Even on its standard settings, it emits a low hum equivalent to normal conversation from just a few feet away. But switching it to ECO mode quiets it down even further; you’d have to be right next to it to notice it running. Its compact size and lightweight frame make it easy to tote along on camping trips too.
The 1800 continuous/2200 peak watts provide more than enough juice to run necessities like our RV’s roof AC, TV, mini fridge, and phones/laptops simultaneously. It sips gas very efficiently as well. On a single tank we got over 12 hours of runtime on eco mode. A single gallon easily powers us through a full day and night of camping.
Out of the box we did encounter a small leak from the carburetor that was easily fixed. And firing it up in our workshop basement left quite a mess to clean as gas spilled everywhere. However, these minor issues can easily be fixed.
If you need a reliable generator for powering your RV, this Westinghouse iGen2200 provides reliable fuel-efficient power without the noise. At its reasonable price point, it’s one of the best investments we’ve made for hassle-free boondocking.
- Extremely quiet operation
- Compact and lightweight for easy portability
- Provides enough power for AC, appliances, and devices
- Reliable and efficient performance
- Affordable price point
- Minor carburetor leak issues
- Mess to clean if fuel spills during maintenance
3. Westinghouse Outdoor Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
- 4500 Peak Watts and 3700 Rated Watts at Less Than 3% THD; Telescoping Handle; Gas Powered;...
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB...
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time,...
Why we love it:
We’re always looking for the best quiet generator for camping to power our essentials without disrupting the peaceful outdoors. After putting this super quiet portable generator from Westinghouse, we found it to be a top choice.
This unit lives up to its name. At just 52 dBA, it’s incredibly quiet. You can have a conversation next to it without raising your voice. Its whisper-quiet operation let us enjoy relaxing around the campfire even when it was running refrigerators or charging devices. The sound insulation keeps noise contained without annoying our neighboring campsites.
Its portability makes it a breeze to haul from our truck to the campsite. The extendable handle and 93-pound design means one person can easily wheel it around. Setting it up takes just a few minutes thanks to the electric and recoil starts. Within seconds, we were powering lights, fans, and a small AC without breaking a sweat.
With over 18 hours of run time on a single 3.4-gallon tank of gasoline, it can power our campsite for days without refueling. The accurate fuel gauge and remaining runtime display take the guesswork out of operation. We never worry about it dying mid-cookout. Plus, the economy mode maximizes efficiency when less power is needed.
Safety features like overload protection give us peace of mind. It reliably powered heavy appliances without issue during our testing. We love the diverse outlet options for any devices we bring. Overall, it’s been incredibly reliable on our trips.
While refueling and oil changes take some work, that’s a small tradeoff for such a powerful yet quiet generator. It’s earned a permanent spot in our camper for all future excursions.
- Extremely quiet at just 52 dB for undisturbed camping
- Long run time of 18 hours on single tank
- Easy to use electric and recoil starting
- Fuel gauge and runtime display for convenience
- Difficult oil changes due to access location
- Plastic housing scratches easily
- Spark plug socket isn’t standard size
4. Honda EU2200iTAN Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
- MORE POWER. SAME LEGENDARY QUALITY. - The EU2200i delivers 10% more power than the previous...
- CO-MINDER - Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System. CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon...
- HONDA MY GENERATOR APP + BLUETOOTH CAPABILITY - Honda's exclusive My Generator smartphone app...
Why we love it:
The Honda EU2200i is one strong contender in our list of the quiet generators for camping trips. We’ve tested it thoroughly and can say that it’s one of the top options on the market.
Quiet performance was one of our top priorities, and the EU2200i really delivers. It can easily be the best quiet generator for camping when your preference is a small, compact unit.
Even running at full load, it’s surprisingly quiet; just enough to notice it’s on without disrupting conversations or disturbing nearby campsites. Its inverter technology produces electricity that’s similar to standard home power, so you don’t have to deal with the noise or inefficient power of typical camping generators.
Its compact size and lightweight design make it a breeze to pack along. At just under 47 pounds, two people can easily haul it wherever we go.
Its small footprint also means it can find a home out of the way, keeping storage convenient without taking up much space. Plus, with over 8 hours of runtime on a single tank, we haven’t had to refuel nearly as often as other comparable models.
The features don’t stop there. An automatic shutoff function helps prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Bluetooth connectivity allows remote monitoring and control via an app.
And its 2200-watt power means it can easily handle necessities like refrigeration, electronics, and small appliances without breaking a sweat. We were even able to run our small AC unit for a few hours each afternoon on particularly hot days.
This powerhouse doesn’t come cheap. But after several years and dozens of camping trips, it’s proven to be a worthwhile investment.
- Extremely quiet operation, even at full load
- Lightweight and compact
- Inverter technology
- Automatic shutoff
- Bluetooth app
- Higher initial cost compared to other generators
- Some ongoing maintenance required (carb cleaning)
- Difficulty starting after periods of non-use
5. Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline...
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch – Battery included, plus Quick...
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup...
Why we love it:
When you’re looking for quiet generators for campers, you cannot rule out the Champion models. This 3400-watt dual-fuel unit undoubtedly deserves a place in our list of the best quiet generator for camping.
At just 59 dBA, this generator runs whisper quiet. We were able to go on with our day without raising our voices or worrying about bothering other people.
The built-in wheels and handle make this Champion unit portable enough for camping. And with its 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts, it has enough juice to power essentials like lights, small appliances, and even an AC for our RV on those hot evenings.
Its inverter technology ensures steady, smooth power too, no flickering lights or glitches when heavier appliances kick on. Dual fuel is super convenient as well. We could switch between gas and propane with the flip of a switch, depending on what’s available.
It does get a tad loud if you max it out. But by keeping it at a steady 2kW load instead of pushing it to the limit, it runs much more quietly and smoothly for longer. We also appreciate the low oil shutdown sensor for trouble-free operation.
A minor drawback is no easy way to add an external battery charger. But overall, this portable powerhouse delivers premium performance at an affordable price.
- Whisper quiet at 59dBA
- Runs on both gas and propane
- Powerful 3400 starting watts for RV/home use
- Reliable inverter technology
- 3-year limited warranty
- High stress at full 3400 watt capacity
- Plastic housing could pose fire risk with gas
- Noise increases at maximum load